OK, I had a gig that lasted 4 1/2 years with a great team. I got caught up in designing with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 due to project constraints until this year. Learned a lot, worked with truly great people, completely abandoned blogging & teaching for the duration and …I got to spend some time on the water.
For those of you who follow my blog, I apologize if my lack of certifying for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 left you in the lurch for a review of the exams and courseware.
So this year – moving into new CRM consulting projects & training, I made a concerted effort to recertify for CRM 2015 and just completed 3 primary certifications for CRM Online/CRM On Premise 2015:
- MB2-704 Microsoft Dynamics CRM Application (2015)
- MB2-706 Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online Deployment (2015)
- MB2-707 Microsoft Dynamics CRM Customization & Configuration (2015)
I studied for but did not take
- MB2-708 Microsoft Dynamics CRM Installation (2015)
These are requirements to be a Dynamics CRM MCT and generally the most needed CRM certifications for a partner firm to be a Certified Microsoft CRM Partner.
Those of you who know me, know I am a consultant & trainer from way back. I’m used to learning the material quickly from whatever content is available. I think that the Dynamics team did it right with the video training courses. For the first time, all of the material I needed to re-certify as a partner, was there to access, delivered competently and concisely. I am referring to the training that Microsoft wrote and recorded on the Dynamics Learning Portal site for Partners.
To prep for the 3 exams, I took the On-line courses as specified in the Exam Prep Guides on the new & improved Dynamics Learning Portal. Courseware has not been published on the MCT download site at this time, but I am sure it will be available shortly.
Note: the links only work if you are a partner with DLP access.
- 80665AE: Customization and Configuration in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online and On Premise
- 80664AE: Deployment in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
- 80679AE: Installation in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015
- 80676AE: Social Listening for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
- 80667AE: Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
- 80669AE: Sales and Marketing in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
- 80668AE: Customer Service in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
These courses, taught by MCT’s recorded on camera, do the absolute best job at delivering the material in short segments clearly. It’s a fire hose, but if you are already experienced or Certified in CRM 2013 or CRM 2011, this seems like the shortest, most cost efficient way to recertify. If I understand correctly, this is included with the mandatory $1000 training plan to required collect Dynamics fees on CRM.
The model has changed since I started training, but the difficulty in funding private training is not any easier. The partner training plan discount to $1000 will do a good job of helping partner re-certify at low-cost without travel.
Well, now that I have finished certifying, I guess I had better go update some of my CRM slide decks…and get ready for some training assignments and consulting gigs.
Good luck on your re-certification.
Steve Noe, Dynamics CRM Trainer, SME, Solutions Architect, …sailor