This is the topic of an article I published back in the CRM 3.0 days, but as I was writing some of the decks for the soon-to-be released CRM 2011 processes video series, I realized I should publish this on the blog again.
Dynamics CRM 2011 does not allow you to paste graphics directly into an e-mail in a workflow, e-mail template, or when you’re manually creating e-mail activity.
You can however, paste a graphic into an e-mail using a link to a graphic that is accessible on the public facing website
- Create a special page on your website that contains all the graphics that you would like to include in CRM e-mails
- Display a page containing the graphic you want in Internet explorer
- Right-click the graphic that you want to insert in your e-mail and choose the “copy” option
- Position the cursor in your CRM e-mail form to where you’d like to place the graphics, and press Control-V to paste
- The graphic will now appear in your e-mail form, template, or send e-mail workflow activity
Here is an example of a simple e-mail signature template build using this concept. Note the use of the yellow “slugs” that insert dynamic values into the signature template
I see many other solutions that are more complicated published on websites so I thought I would add this one to the mix.
Have a great day!
Stephen V Noe, MCT, MCITP – CRM