CRM 4.0 Data Import Error prevents submitting import job

I ran into an interesting error this morning that I thought I would share. I was attempting to import a CSV file called “Area code to Time zone & State List.csv” into a custom entity in CRM 4.0 when I got the following message: “An error has occurred”. As usual, one of those very ‘helpful’ messages from Microsoft that makes it impossible to figure out what the problem really is.

image

It turns out that the real problem was that the import file had an ‘&’ as part of the filename. Once I change the file name to eliminate the ‘&’, the import ran fine.

Stephen V. Noe, CRM MCT

Advertisements

About stephenvnoe

Dynamics CRM solution architect, consultant, trainer & project manager. I provide CRM design, services, mentoring & support to all manner of Dynamics CRM projects.
This entry was posted in CRM, CRM 4.0, Workarounds & fixes and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s