Overall our CRM 4.0 implementation process has been relatively painless. The upgrade went well, less stressful because of thorough backups. The two bumps that we had initially were easy enough to resolve with workarounds. (See previous blogs).
After two weeks I have been extremely pleased. Our deployment includes both desktop and laptop Outlook clients. While there have been occasional crashes of Outlook, the benefits far outweigh the problems at this point in time and the CRM community is doing a great job of publishing solutions in a timely manner. Hopefully Microsoft will be able to get hot-fixes out quickly so that we can have a more stable environment. The enhanced functionality of the Outlook client is where I have been focusing my time, as I use it the most. Workflows are next.
New features that we like:
* Outlook feature to automatically track e-mails for all CRM leads, contacts and companies. This feature is cool! I wish it did the same thing for outbound e-mails.
* Outlook feature to track multiple e-mails and set regarding with one click of the track/set regarding buttons.
* the ability to type into a lookup field is way cool! This is a big productivity improvement.
* The forms assistant has been improved to the point of usability! Nice to be able to more easily create follow up activities.
*the ability to convert a CRM e-mail to an opportunity or case. This is a good start.
* the new diagnostic tool in separate Outlook configuration make rolling out the clients easier.